Tuesday, October 23, 2012

School so far

As the weeks progress I am getting back into the swing of being a student.  It is a different feeling having to take my work home with me, and have it consume my every day life again.  Well, the hotel industry can be very consuming as well, but being a student is consuming in a different way.  Learning all about living Anatomy has been fascinating, and I am happy to report that I got a 92 on my first mid term! Grades don't matter very much at OCOM as it is a pass or fail program, but I still have my ego attachment to getting good grades :) It will be no surprise to anyone that I am loving the more practical classes, although there is a lot of memorization.  The one class I seem to be struggling with is Qi Gong. I don't love it, I get much more out of Yoga than I do Qi Gong.  To me Qi Gong seems so esoteric, and as you all know, I am very fidgety.  I have a hard time being still, I don't like slapping myself in the self massage Qi Gong, I don't like sitting there with my hands in still motion for 1000 hands Buddha. I feel annoyed and bored all class, and I am admittedly no good at meditation.  I don't want to Practice Qi Gong outside of class, and I resent that I feel badly about not practicing.  I want to love it, because I do believe it is good for you, I believe that people feel better after doing it, I just personally don't.  I guess this all means that I should be practicing it, and that through the discomfort and "suffering" of it I could gain something.  We will see how the next 3 years goes. 
                                                       OAAOM
In other news I did just join the Oregon Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine as a student member. I think this will be a good way to network within the pretty saturated Oregon market, and become a part of this community.  This will also help to keep me informed as to new legislation regarding the Acupuncture scope of practice in Oregon etc.   With my membership I will also be able to audit conferences open to licensed practitioners, which I will be sure to be writing about when I do attend :)

That is all for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment