Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bad Medicine Talk

I have, in my life, run into many people that think some of my faith in holistic health, is unfounded.  I even once had someone tell me that acupuncture is a sham, and that it can all be explained by the placebo effect.  I appreciate other peoples skepticism, and input.  However, I would like to remind people that all the studies out there are not always totally truthful, and that when considering a claim, one must also consider the source, who funded the writing that is making this claim etc. This statement goes for both holistic claims as well as western medicinal claims and or refutes.  In essence I would like to remind people to keep an open mind about everything, even those ideas that seem foreign to them.  I recently watched a ted talks that talks about bad medicine, and I have to say Ben Goldacre MD. can speak to the flaws of publications better than I can.
Enjoy:
http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_battling_bad_science.html

1 comment: